torsdag, april 17, 2008

The Gutter Twins (concert)

This is a hobby band of Greg Dulli and Mark Lanegan and at the same time this is nothing else than a Supergroup.

From The Agfhan Wigs, The Twilight Sisters into Screaming Trees you know it will be good. Supergroups are a strange phenomena since sometimes they deliver and sometimes they don’t. This time I can assure you that The Gutter Twin does.
Mark and Greg have been working together since 2000 or something like that. And some of use (like me) has been waiting both for the album and to see them live as The Gutter Twins.

I was very excited and happy to see that they combine their musical taste and make some truly nice Sub Pop branded music ;) While I still miss the original big band I acknowledge the world constant desire to change and sometime for something good. While sometimes the songs feel slightly “fast” put together they are not really so, its just that they put more emphasis on voice than before.

I ended up buying the new album and right now this weekend it will be constantly on my ear.

I hope The Gutter Twins will be a success and that Mark and Greg will continue to work together because I know they have a lot more and even better to deliver!

Ingen kommentarer: