fredag, mai 11, 2007

Bjork - Volta (music)

Back in the days of "Debut" I didn't quite get why MTV was broadcasting this crazy girls "Human weakness" all the time. It took me a long time before the song reached me and I understood. Understood how good it all was. (Quite similar to my experience with the games Tetris and Lemmings, maybe I am a bit slow sometimes) I think it is because Bjork is "so much more" and she constantly requires a lot from the listener.

Since then I have been hooked. The quality of the different albums have changed a lot and we pretty much never know what she will be up to. Every time Bjork explorer something new and expresses this part of her to us. Her albums is a journey into a travel that goes from Iceland to any influence she meets on the way. In the line Volta brings back a bit of the formula that was lost last time - and in its own Volta is defiantly worth some listening.

Volta is not though in the top of the pops. In fact it is hard for her to reach the kind of height she had at the start of her carrier. But we do hope she will.

Ingen kommentarer: